All about me
Hi! I'm an Aussie software developer living in Vancouver, BC.
I love working on interesting, exciting, and challenging projects.
If you have something that fits the bill, feel free to drop me a line.
Here's what I can do for you:
Need someone with a pixel-perfect eye for detail?
That knows all those annoying css quirks?
That can work with your designers to craft a seamless user experience?
Some things I know:
- HTML5 & CSS3 (of course!)
- iPhone and Android development with services such as Phonegap
- Responsive Design (resize this window to give it a try)
- Flash with ActionScript 3 for game development
Need someone to build a web application or API?
That's worked professionally with many different languages and frameworks, on sites large enough to require some beautifully scalable architecture?
Maybe you'd just like someone to share the load of a big project?
That's me too!
More things I know:
- Python with Django
- Java with Spring & Hibernate
- C# with .NET
- PHP, Perl, Ruby & Bash scripting
- Nginx, Apache & Windows Server
- PostgreSQL, MySQL & MS SQL
Need a website or app developed from scratch?
Would you like to work with someone local and reliable?
That can oversee all stages of the design & development processes, so you don't have to?
...You guessed it!
Some things I'll do:
- Work closely with you and a designer to deliver your vision.
- Create a product perfectly suited to your needs...
- ...and your budget
Here's some of my work
A mobile app using OpenStreetMap's map data. Designed to be a pleasingly simple way to see the location of your bus.
As a distributor of paper based products, Tyte wished to add an online ordering system for their customers.
- The focus of the site is twofold: Firstly to provide a seamless way for customers to place orders, and secondly to direct potential customers to a sales representative.
- I provided all designs barring the logo. All pages are standards compliant HTML5 & use a variety of CSS3 features.
- An interface was created to Tyte's existing inventory/accounting/CRM system to reflect the current status of stock and customers.
GradConnection is an awesome startup from Sydney founded by three New Zealanders. I was proud to help the site grow to become Australia's leading site for graduates seeking work. With Technical Director Michael Casey, we created a kickass site and became incredibly proficient at foosball.
Pengo Fandango is a little flash game written in ActionScript 3.
All graphics and coding are my own, no libraries were used for the game. Thanks to fontdiner.com for their font, LeftOvers.
Contains some fun stuff such as:
- Game engine with smooth controls and collision detection.
- In-memory sprite sheets automatically generated from flash animations for performance.
- Custom particle system with object pooling.
- Challenging enemy AI, based on A* pathing with random elements.
- Scoreboard integrated with Pengo's sponsor, AppleCartGames.com.
Want to chat? I'd love to hear from you
Feel free to drop me a line about anything you like.
If you have a project that you think I might be a good fit for please put as much detail as you can here.
What you're looking for, estimated time and budget for example are incredibly useful.